Sunday, November 2, 2014

Daylight Savings - Is There Something Magical About That Extra Hour?

How did you spend your extra hour?

Last night (or early this morning), due to Daylight Savings, many Americans set their clocks back by one hour.  So what did you do with that extra sixty minutes?

Did you party longer Saturday night?  Did you sleep for an extra hour on Sunday morning?

I chose to use my extra hour finishing a project that had been lingering for weeks.  I don't know why it took so long, but it did.  You know what?  There might be something magical about this extra hour we lose in spring and recover in fall.  The editing changes that I'd been struggling to finish over the last six weeks came easily to me this morning.  I knew immediately what to cut and what to add.  There was no agonizing or second guessing on my part. The final document looks so much better now.  I guess I just needed that extra hour to figure it out.

Whatever you did with your extra hour, I hope it was performing an activity that mattered to you.  And yes, sleeping matters!

Enjoy your day - all 25 hours of it!


No comments:

Post a Comment